ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 2, 2012
This week is the celebration of our nation’s birth. Take a moment and reflect on all the blessings you have and all the blessings living in a free nation offers you. Find a veteran and say Thank You. Have a happy and safe 4th of July!
Tons of running opportunities so GET INVOLVED.
Following are the training opportunities for this week:
* Inside the Loop – Track Tuesdays – Rice University Track. (Greenbriar and University Blvd). Workout: For those racing on July 4th, take the night off or run an easy 3 miles (one loop around Rice). For those looking for a track workout, try this reverse ladder: 800 600 400 200 200 400 600 800, with 400m recoveries, plus one mile warm-up and cool-down at 7pm led by Steve Reddy.
- Westside – Terry Hershey Park. – No workout scheduled – Happy Fourth of July.
- Inside the Loop – Steve & Matt’s TRAIL Run – no run this week – celebrate the 4th. Cook some burgers, have some beer, and say thanks to all who make a difference.
- Inside the Loop – Hilly Thursdays @ 7pm.– meet across from the United Way at 3800 Feagan for hill training led by Steve Reddy.
- Westside – Terry Hershey Park @ 7pm. Meet at the THP north parking lot at the gazebo; north side of Memorial Drive (between Eldridge Pkwy and Hwy 6).. Workout lead by Jay Sonnenburg
- Open Long Run (members and non-members welcome) – Z’s Long Run @ Memorial Park (across from Memorial Park Pool parking lot) @ 6:30 am. Led by Azita Dimarco.
Run Wild 5K, July 4, www.extoregister.com (Our race of the quarter)
Freedom 5K, July 4, First Colony, www.firstcolony.org, 281.634.9555
Baytown Heat Wave, July 4, 5 miles, www.budheatwave.com
Run the Woodlands, July 14, 5K, 281.419.0326
Hempstead Watermelon Festival 5K, July 21, 936.870.7295
Pub Run – Monday July 23 – details to follow.
BENeezy Purple Monkey 10K/5K/Kid’s K, Alvin, September 1, www.purplemonkeyfunrun.com
Toughest 10K, Kemah, September 15, www.onetough10K.com
HARRA Cross Country Relay, Sept. 29; details to come
Houston Half Marathon, Oct. 28
November 13, Quarterly meeting with Speaker Dick Beardsley @ Cadillac Bar
Lets be careful out there,