ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 25, 2012
Quick reminder of the Pub Run tonight. 7pm. Three Pubs – have fun!
BE CAREFUL this week – the heat of the summer is upon us; stay hydrated!
Tons of running opportunities so GET INVOLVED.
Following are the training opportunities for this week:
- Inside the Loop – Track Tuesdays – Rice University Track. (Greenbriar and University Blvd). Foam roller sessions with Abby Maxa are the first Tuesday of every month @ 6:30. Workout – 8 to 10 x 400m with 400m recovery. Take a water break half way through at 7pm led by Steve Reddy.
- Westside – Terry Hershey Park @ 7pm. Meet at the THP north parking lot at the gazebo; north side of Memorial Drive (between Eldridge Pkwy and Hwy 6). Workout Led by Lee Greb.
- Inside the Loop – Steve & Matt’s TRAIL Run @ 7:15pm @ Memorial Park. Meet at the parking lot with the tree in it near the Rugby Pitch off Picnic Lane. Led by Steve Reddy and Matt Wright.
- Inside the Loop – Hilly Thursdays @ 7pm.– meet across from the United Way at 3800 Feagan for hill training led by Steve Reddy.
- Westside – Westside – Highway 6 dam parking lot – just south of Memorial Drive @ Highway 6. Workout – 3×3 hills
7 pm. Led by Jay Sonnenburg.
- Open Long Run (members and non-members welcome) – Z’s Long Run @ Memorial Park (across from Memorial Park Pool parking lot) @ 6:30 am. Led by Azita Dimarco.
Pub Run, June 25 @ 7pm; meet at Fairview at Taft.
Run Wild 5K, July 4, www.extoregister.com (Our race of the quarter)
Freedom 5K, July 4, First Colony, www.firstcolony.org, 281.634.9555
Baytown Heat Wave, July 4, 5 miles, www.budheatwave.com
Run the Woodlands, July 14, 5K, 281.419.0326
Hempstead Watermelon Festival 5K, July 21, 936.870.7295
BENeezy Purple Monkey 10K/5K/Kid’s K, Alvin, September 1, www.purplemonkeyfunrun.com
Toughest 10K, Kemah, September 15, www.onetough10K.com
HARRA Cross Country Relay, Sept. 29; details to come
Houston Half Marathon, Oct. 28
November 13, Quarterly meeting with Speaker Dick Beardsley @ Cadillac Bar
Lets be careful out there,